Our patented technology uses ultra-low energy to create ROS which will destroy, purify & defend against bacteria, molds (Botrytis, Salmonella, E.Coli, Listeria) and ethylene gas, reduces Cross-Contamination and Eliminates/Neutralizes odor.
ROS [ REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES ]
AirROS purifiers use electricity which we convert to High-Voltage, High-Frequency and by controlled pulses creates ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species). The ROS created are highly reactive and are responsible for the sanitation and destruction of molds, viruses, pathogens, ethylene gas and odors. See our “How it Works” page for more information.
HOW OUR TECHNOLOGY WORKS
AirROS by SAGE Surface & Air Purifiers utilize high voltage and high frequency-controlled pulses, but very low amperage to create non-thermal plasma and generate ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species). ROS are the sanitation/cleaning agents that prevent and destroy Molds, Viruses, Bacteria, Ethylene Gas and control/eliminate Odor in the Air and Surfaces in two stages:
PHASE 1- PRIMARY AIR CLEANING
Placed within your room’s air flow, air from the environment containing microorganisms enters the purifier’s internal chamber. The reaction chamber creates non-thermal plasma and generates ROS. ROS is comprised of 5 short lived highly Reactive Oxygen Species (atomic oxygen, singlet oxygen, hydroxyl radical, superoxide and peroxynitrite) which break down carbon-to-carbon bonds that sanitize the air and destroys all bacteria, molds, viruses and other pathogens as they pass through the reaction chamber.
PHASE 2- SECONDARY SURFACE & AIR CLEANING
Provides Surface sanitation and continued Air sanitation. The purified air now diffused into the environment contains longer lived Reactive Oxygen Species (gas-phased H2O2- hydrogen peroxide, and low concentration levels of O3-ozone) that further sanitize room air and surfaces. Again, in addition to treating the ambient air as it passes through the reaction chamber, using the H2O2 and O3 diffused into the environment, our units will further sanitize all Surfaces and control Odor, resulting in clean air and surfaces 24/7.
- Effective water treatment
- Air treatment
- must use outside, dried air and pump compressed O3 into the space to be treated.
- O3 is the only reactive oxygen species (ROS) used
- This necessitates very large quantities of O3 to treat the room. OSHA limits almost always exceeded.
- Difficult to regulate and control, due to high pressure and O3 production.
- “Old technology” that does not fit modern uses and needs.
- Some Commodities highly sensitive to ozone
- UV light from lamps are capable of destroying some bacteria, fungi and mold by breaking bonds in the cell walls or DNA.
- The microbes must touch the UV light emission to be affected.
- No ROS created
- Bulbs are not large, so many have to be used for any sizable space.
- Bulbs are expensive, burn out frequently and are a hazardous disposal material, since they often contain mercury.
- Consumer units for homes often contain a UV component.
- UV light is focused on plates covered with titanium dioxide paint.
- Known as PCO or photocatalytic oxidation
- Developed by NASA to help grow crops in space by cleaning air; is a public domain technology.
- Air Treatment
- UV light destruction of microorganisms
- Produces some ROS (e.g. hydroxyl radicals and superoxide ions) to remove some molds, bacteria and viruses. Depending on UV wavelength, some systems may produce very low levels of ozone and hydrogen peroxide for minor surface benefit.
Needlepoint bipolar ionization vs AirROS Industrial Air & Surface Purifiers
- Uses electricity to add a static charge to air molecules.
- Charge causes the molecules to attach to dust and other airborne particles (may include some bacteria, mold, etc.).
- Contains plates which attract particles: must be cleaned frequently.
- Combined particles are also heavier than air, and fall to ground and surfaces.
- Does not destroy any contaminant particles (bacteria, mold, etc.), instead it collects them.
- Particles can be “kicked up” by air movement, vehicle and human or animal traffic to recontaminate areas or be tracked to other locations.
- Often causes a “black-wall effect” where walls near the ionizer are coated with attracted contaminants.
- Often used in household devices.
- Liquid cleaning system for surface applications.
- A safer, more potent form of the oxidizer compound found in bleach (neutral pH) , but with very short shelf life.
- Shelf life issue solved with an on-site system to “create” the solution just in time as it is needed.
- Like the AirROS system, it uses oxidation to eliminate microbes, but with only one (1) reactive oxygen species.
- Complimentary to AirROS by enhancing current surface cleaning systems
- Systems that combine one or more existing technology.
- High-quality HEPA air filters remove particles down to approximately 0.3 microns in size
- One (1) micron = 0.001mm
- This size is adequate to filter out most mold and mildew.
- It catches many, but not all bacteria.
- Viruses are small enough to move through unless just caught on filter media.
- Microbes are not destroyed, just trapped and concentrated. (Yuck!)
- HEPA air filters are effective for solid and liquid particles, but not effective for gaseous particles.
- HEPA is a good complement to bacteria and mold-killing technology like AirROS in clean rooms and RTE food-processing operations.
Activated Charcoal Filters
- Activated carbon air filters trap odors and chemicals in highly absorbent granules.
- Activated carbon is a charcoal that is treated with oxygen in order to open pores between the carbon atoms in the filter, resulting in a highly absorbent material.
- Good compliment to the AirROS system in ultra-clean environments as long as used for air intake or air exhaust. The activated carbon filter will remove our ROS from the environment and leave the environment without surface treatment.
Dry Hydrogen Peroxide Purifier vs AirROS Industrial Air & Surface Purification
- UV – UV light from lamps targeted on a hydrated multi-metal catalyst (Titanium Dioxide -TiO2 is main component) creates low-levels of Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)
- It is capable of destroying some bacteria, fungi and mold by breaking bonds in the cell walls or DNA that enter the purifier.
- The microbes must touch the UV light emission or come into contact with Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) to be affected.
- Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) has some minor surface treatment.
- However, Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) alone not high enough concentration to be effective on all surfaces at long distances from the output.
- Multiple units needed to treat large spaces and this increases electricity costs.
- H2O2 is the only reactive oxygen species (ROS) used
ACCEPTANCE AND STANDARDS
AirROS purifiers use electricity which we convert to High-Voltage, High-Frequency and by controlled pulses creates ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species). The ROS created are highly reactive and are responsible for the sanitation and destruction of molds, viruses, pathogens, and odors. See our “How it Works” page for more information.
- Natural ground-level concentrations of Ozone (O3) are typically 0.030ppm to 0.070ppm and may be higher than 0.100ppm in urban areas.
- OSHA 24 hour average exposure limit 0.050ppm
- OSHA 8 hour average exposure limit 0.100ppm
- OSHA Short-term exposure limit 0.300ppm
- AirROS equipment is effective as a disinfectant and sterilizing agent at levels of 50% or below of that specified by OSHA for 24-hour exposure levels.
- With the integration of the Environmental monitoring package, the purifiers can operate at controlled levels well below the thresholds dictated by OSHA.
European Union Electrical Safety directives for Low Voltage and Electromagnetic Compatibility.
Great Britain Electrical Safety directives for low voltage and Electromagnetic Compatibility
Regulatory Compliance Mark for Australia and New Zealand to indicate compliance with electrical product regulations.
- Ozone Heavy Work Limit 0.050ppm
- Ozone Light Work Limit 0.100ppm
- Ozone Moderate Work Limit 0.080ppm
Ozone 8 hour mean daily max 0.050ppm
FDA issued (June 26, 2001) a GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) statement as to the use and application of ozone in food processing.
EPA has standards for assuring that any equipment being sold as an Ozone generator for use in the food processing arena have an EPA Establishment Number and that the entity files an annual report disclosing manufacturing and marketing of products in the U.S. and elsewhere.
Each piece of equipment bears the applicable EPA Establishment Number based on the physical site where the purifier was manufactured.
USDA followed the FDA publication in December 2001 with its own regulation allowing for uses in meats and poultry.
The AirROS purifiers meet all organically approved regulations.
INTERNATIONAL OZONE ASSOCIATION
- 0.001 ppm
- Lowest value detectable by hypersensitive humans.
- Too low to measure accurately with elaborate electronic equipment.
- 0.003 ppm
- Threshold of odor perception in laboratory environment, 50% confidence level.
- 0.003 ppm to 0.010 ppm
- The threshold of odor perception by the average person in clean air. Readily detectable by most normal persons.
People may smell ozone from AirROS –even at very safe levels
CE marking directives are met. “Restriction of (the use of certain) Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic Equipment.
AIRROS BY SAGE INDUSTRIAL
- Electro-mechanical devices for industrial and commercial settings.
- Can treat a space from 500 ft3 to over 1 million ft3 cost effectively.
- Uses the air already in the room to create ROS.
- Virtually ALL the beneficial characteristics of other air purification devices in one unit without the drawbacks
- UV light from chamber
- Charging of air particles
- O3, but at safe levels
- Cleans not only air passing through the units but employs secondary sanitizing agents in the room to clean surfaces.
- ROS produced by AirROS purifiers are well documented for their ability to destroy mold, mildew, bacteria and viruses in the air and on surfaces.
- Once the ROS clean the air, they return to an oxygen state, so they are totally organic and there are no harmful by-products of the ROS generation process.
- Continual process with re-contamination from outside sources immediately addressed.
- Can operate at high (up to 90% RH) or low humidity, and from 32 to 102°F.
- Over 14 years of experience with many independent tests in over 1200 companies and in such uses as agricultural storage, food-production facilities, trucks, containers, grocery stores, meat-packing and poultry plants, health clinics, etc.
- Validated by internal and external experts in laboratory and real-world settings.
- All units have control measuring-and-monitoring systems to assure effectiveness and safety.
- Meets all OSHA and USDA safety requirements.
- Patented and unique –there are NO other systems that use the AirROS science and technology
- Made in the USA
WE DESTROY PATHOGENS. WE PURIFY SURFACES & AIR. WE DEFEND YOUR CROPS
ULTRA-LOW POWER CONSUMPTION
ORGANIC & SUSTAINABLE
GET IN TOUCH
Fill out the form below or give us a call!